Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Reconnecting - old comrades

Its funny, actually, how we end up meeting people from our pasts un-expectedly. And by meeting I mean a physical interaction or merely chatting up through a few ridiculous texts. I had one of those days when a lot of people from your past come out in front of you at once, and it’s like a pleasant blur. Be it the ex fellow students, at a hotel, that I ran into when I went to have lunch, or talking to an ex-friend through SMS like it was 2004 again and the time when everything was suddenly all "electric", or chatting up shit with one of your old teacher.

It brings me to one pressing thought, the sense of how much people have changed, how much I, as a person, have changed over this time. But then there’s this thing which amazes me more, it’s that no matter how much people change, a few things remain constant in them. A prime example would be my want of a private jet, ever since I was 15, when I saw this actor dude hitching a plane with a rock star in some movie. The exciting thing was I told a certain someone, who I was talking to after a very long time, I still want a plane, and she flipped over the fact that I STILL want that. It is ridiculous, this wish of mine, I should clearly accept. But just maybe, it’s that thing in me which reminds me of who I was, and how much I have changed over this time. Maybe, the wish is just an anchor point of the past. Mind dwells on countless explanations. I shall repeat though, I still want a private jet. Black in color, with a matching Lamborghini. Donations are welcomed, in pretty much any form.

Another "reconnecting" event of the day, worth to be repeated, is that this teacher of mine, who taught me 2 years back, called - to tell me lecole is starting its ACCA program again. Fun was the fact that we actually bitched for half an hour about how the students of other schools are not sane enough to be... well, humans. And by human I mean a general yet bearable personality bearing person.

It’s amazing how human changes over time. Even more amazing is the fact that no matter how much they change, they somehow stay the same. All I’m trying to say here is its fun talking with old comrades after a long time. It reminded me the reason I have a sore ass, I kept sitting on nails.

2 comments:

  1. *wipes tears*
    :p

    ps: i should be the first one to know abt the jet! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh the entire world shall find out when that happens, trust me. =p

    ReplyDelete