Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Terrorists are cheap Casio lovers.


Ok, I have always been a geek when it comes to watches; pocket or wrist. I have a firm belief that watches give an insight to their owner faster than anything. Some people suggest that to understand a person, you should look at that person's apparel and how he/she dresses? I say that, all, is very complicated. Look at the watch - thats the key.

So, a news piece caught my eyes yesterday where it said that Terrorists have been linked to their watches, some cheap black rubber casio, costing under $4 at max, leading to imprisonment of several known and not known terrorists. Now this gets me thinking - what kind of a shitty terrorist spends less than $4 on a watch?! I mean come on! How cheap can you be? You guys want to blow up the world, yet you are so cheap that you can't really buy a Guess at the very least?

But again, had they worn such classy watches, like Bvlgari or Guess or even a Timex, i expect things would not have been this scary to look at. 'Cause heres my point, you cannot pull of a Bvlgari on a pair of black dirty shalwaar kameez stitched like a fucking camp shelter - you need a proper suit. And some hand stitched leather shoes, from Italy perhaps. And that would've been a sight. Terrorists coming like James Bond, and instead of saying "The name's Bond, James Bond 007" - they would say "terrorist, 786". BOOM.

Then again, what pisses me off the most is, this whole 19 or 20 years of my life I saw movies and dramas and shit like that, where the villain was always dressed to kill, alongside an amazing watch. Never, not even once, it crossed my mind or TV screen that there are cheap villains. They always drove a BMW or a Mercedes, and wore a matching Tag or Gucci or something with it.
And then I saw the desi militants. Sitting on donkeys, wearing a tent for shalwaar kameez, and a $4 Casio for a watch. Like one said, it's hard to maintain a sense of style.

No comments:

Post a Comment